The Junior Competition Coordinator’s report as tabled, presented and accepted at the AGM Sunday 7 November, 2021
2021 was a mixed year for the girls. Unfortunately we didn’t enter a U18 team and while our U13 team had a few great wins this year it was our u11 who had the most success with only one loss for the season.
The U15 had a tough year but over all every girl improved and set a great base for the 2022 season.
- Under 18 Girls – No Team
- Under 15 Girls – Coach Cassie O’Connor
- Under 13 Girls – Coach Ellice Lowe
- Under 11 Girls – Coach Damien Halliwell
2022 will see the girls’ teams potentially entering teams in all grades but numbers will be tight. If all players from 2021 re register for 2022 we will have:
- U11 4 players
- U13 8 Players
- U15 9 Players (U13 3/4 players committed to playing up)
- U18 7 Players (U15 4 players committed to playing up)
We had a wonderful year this year with our junior boys, with five teams competing in u11 – u17s with all teams making finals and U15 Making the Grand Final.
- U17 Boys – Coach Sam Kilford
- U15 Boys – Coach Paul Kernaghan
- U13 Boys – Coach Peter Greenhalgh & Jacob Newman
- U11 Boys – Coach Nathan Tuck & Tommy Tuxford
- U8 Mixed – Coach Matt Falloon & Nigel Wapper
- If all players from 2021 re register for 2022 we will have:
- U11 7 players
- U13 13 Players
- U15 11 Players
- U17 12 Players
A big thank you goes out to all our junior officials, although it goes without saying without these fantastic people our juniors games couldn’t exist.
Our thanks go out to:
- EJ Tremlet
- Tamryn Aufderheide
- Olivia Wilson
- Peter Greenhalgh
- Mark Norton
Junior Recruitment School coaching
2021 Paul Scuteri and very few helpers went out to 6 local schools who have been involved with our school’s program for 4-5 years now
- Seaview PS
- Belair PS
- St Peters PS
- Hawthorndene PS
- Coromandel Valley PS
- Colonel Light Gardens PS
Five of these schools went onto participate in our Sturt carnival with a few teams each.
Approx. kids exposed to lacrosse: 500
If we want our school recruitment to be more successful in recruiting female players, we must ensure that girls join the recruitment team and ensure that we have a pathway for excellence marked out.
2021 Recruitment numbers:
Total Juniors recruited in 2021 = 10
6 Female players 4 x U11, 2 x U15
5 Male players 1 x U8, 1 x U11, 3 x U13
Recommendations for season 2022:
- Increase number of volunteer coaches for the school recruitment Program both Male and Female
- U18 Women’s Coach sourced of high standard
- Girls’ and boys’ programs to be a Coordinated approach between all team levels
- Junior Umpires and Referee’s to be supported and trained
- Mentoring of young coaches by senior coaches
- Upskilling coaches to be looked and a program created inline with Lacrosse Australia coaching framework.
Stacey Appleton | Junior Competition Coordinator