Sturt Lacrosse CLub 1901 'A' Team
STURT LACROSSE HISTORY
The Sturt Lacrosse Club was founded on the 9th of March 1899 at a meeting in the Unley Institute Reading Room of the Sturt Electoral Cricket Club, which controlled the Unley Oval at New Parkside.
Sturt's home games were played at Unley Oval for many years before moving to Park 18 at the corner of South Terrace and Glen Osmond Road with training at Kingswood Oval on Belair Road.
In the 1970s SLC had a short stay at Norman Reserve, Brownhill Creek, followed by many years at Day Drive, Pasadena.
Since then Sturt has been located at the Women’s Memorial Playing fields at St Marys.
Today the club competes in the men's, women’s, boy’s and girl’s winter field lacrose competitions and in the summer indoor and box lacrosse and lacrosse sixes competitions.
Reference: 1899 'LACROSSE NOTES.', The Express and Telegraph (Adelaide, SA : 1867 - 1922), 11 March, p. 7, viewed 1 November, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article209526053
Sturt Lacrosse Club 1912 'A' Team